Friday, June 29, 2012

Study #1


Found this wonderful snap in my old photography inspiration folder and decided to paint it as a study in drapery and lighting. What started out as a speed painting soon just spiraled into an immersive exercise of realistic rendering.Took a bit more than 2 hours (which would make it a sin to call this a speed painting). But I did call it quits before I spent another two more hours on it just blending the values.I like it when the strokes can be seen. And I think I might have just found my favourite custom brush .A tad bit of colour adjustment to enhance the mood.Painted entirely in greyscale.

Check out the photographer of the original pic.She is simply incredible.
Gonna paint digitally on a daily basis from now on.All digital work from hence forth will be numbered (hence the study#1` title).Follow them on my daily slog-blog http://hardcoregraphite.blogspot.in/

2 comments:

Nikhita said...

you're on a roll!! You certainly got the light right! good work en I can see the progress! :)

-Alok- said...

:)