Sunday, September 16, 2012

That 'One Day'


Shit.I just saw this film called 'One Day' by these guys from  Gobelins. Left me stunned. Watched it over and over again already a dozen times. Even paused,downloaded and played frame by frame to admire it. Shook me hard. Rattled me (in a good inspiring way) to the core.How on Earth DO PEOPLE COME UP WITH FILMS LIKE THESE !?

I was in this isolated sense of epic awe for two days. Then I snooped about and came across L ROSSI and his blog.He was one of the five students (I think it is five) who formed the team that made the film. It was so great to read his post on the making of the film. A lot of the things in there resonated in my head. As a student of animation myself on the other side of the world trying to realize my dream ,single handedly (sadly), some bits of that post really hit me deep down. Sort of ignited this fierce inspired angry passion to complete my own project once and for all,which has itself been dragged over the major part of the last one year.

Ok,I am a sentimental fellow alright.But every artist is in my opinion.And the guys at Gobelins,especially Rossi's and his team just showed us all that when talented artists get passionate about something,they create something truly epic.

Thanks Nix for haggling my brains into watch this film. I am so glad I did! Now dear readers,I humbly present to you the wonderful film - 'One Day'.

If this doesn't inspire you,I dont know what will.

No comments: